"27 Life and Death
Death—its desolation and horror—bleak spaces—sea-bottom—dead cities. But Life—the greater horror! Vast unheard-of reptiles and leviathans—hideous beasts of prehistoric jungle—rank slimy vegetation—evil instincts of primal man—Life is more horrible than death."
The game is puzzle platformer that revolves around a mechanic involving life and death. When the character dies, it's not the end of his journey. The player will find themselves in situations where death is in the answer to solving the puzzle. There are 9 levels in this small "Compo Edition" of the game.
* Fixed a bug with the camera snapping to the player after hitting a button (rather than being smooth.)
* Fixed a collision bug in the last level (forgot to put in some objects.)
* Minor tile corrections in various levels.
Dec 1st - v1.02c
* Spikes now only kill you if you touch them on the tip of the spikes. The sides are treated as walls.
* The game over screen now returns you to the level you perished in, not the title screen.
* Added boundaries on some levels and stopped the player from leaving the screen.
* Added a shake off helper graphic above the player the first time a soul sucker attaches.
* Last level fixed to account for all possible graves.
* Changed the timing for the rocket jump a little bit to make it easier to do consistently.
* Known Issue: The particle effects slow the game down for some users. Looking into a reworked particle system. (No promises.)
Nov 29th - v1.01c
* Adjusted the volume of sound effects
* Corrected some minor tile errors in levels
* Made the menu screens and other screens respond to the Z button.
* Added screen flash when soul suckers are attached.