Bonesaw: The Game
Bonesaw: The Game is an independent 2d side-scrolling game that mixes elements from puzzle, beat-em-up, and platforming genres. The game's central theme revolves around Clarkson University, and the University's hockey team The Golden Knights.
The game does not take place at Clarkson, nor will you see levels that are taken from campus. Although these ideas came to mind, I felt that the game would be more widely accepted if the game wasn't tied down with endless inside jokes that only a handful of people would appreciate.
The player takes on the role of a lone Golden Knight who must save the rest of the team from an evil Referee who has taken them hostage in his interdimensional penalty box... in space. With over 30 levels, a ton of collectables, and some side things to do, this game will be pretty big.
+ Bonesaw.org Mirror
+ Gamertonight.net Mirror
Opening .rar files
You'll need WinRAR
or another archiving program.
Feb 25th - v1.1
* Fixed bug on Level X4 involving the player's total puck count
* Various minor bug fixes
* Known Issue: When activating bomb blocks with the ball overlapping them, the ball gets teleported into infinity
* Known Issue: The ball will sometimes get stuck against a wall if it happens to touch it and slow down to a stop at the same exact time
* Known Issue: When the player reaches 0 health and then lands on a health drop, the game continues with the player invisible and produces other wacky results.
Feb 14th - v1.0
* First official release!
* Known Issue: There is a slight chance for a crash when completing a level, but the game should still save your progress.
* Known Issue: If the game is lagging really, really badly, then I suggest playing either full screen or at 1x window. If that doesn't help still, I'll be putting a hardware accelerated beta up in about 2 weeks. Sometimes playing it off a fresh restart will also help.
The soundtrack was developed by Josh Whelchel
and is available for free download from his website
- Indie Games Freeware Pick of the Day
- Portable Freeware
- TIGSource.com Release Day
- Jay Is Games Weekend Download
- Caiman Free Games
- Daily Click Game of the Week
- TIGsource.com Preview
- The Daily Click Project Page
- The Daily Click Download Page
- Clickzine Summer Preview
- Victory Games Review
- Freeware Genius Article
- GamesRadar 365 Free Games
- Big Download Freeware Friday
- GamesRadar Best Free Games to Play this Holiday Season
- Kim Komando: A Classic Independent Video Game
- Download This: Bonesaw
- 101 Free Games 2009
Bonesaw: The Game is a huge project for me, and it took over a year's time to develop the entire game from start to finish! I present the game to you completely free of charge, because I'm a big fan of free games myself. But this wasn't easy! If you'd like to donate a little bit to support Bonesaw and my future game projects, then use the paypal button below. And hey, you might get something cool someday for donating! ;D